- Broken or Bent frame – detachment of primary levers or blade claws from metal frame arms at rivet points.
- Metal Corrosion – especially at rivet points and claws.
- Visible cracks, tears, and missing pieces in the rubber element’s edge.
- Flex rubber element back and forth to see if it is still flexible. Aged elements will have difficulty conforming to the curve of your windshield and create streaks.
- Check element wiping edge for rounded edges which can prevent the wiper blade from making strong contact with the windshield and reduces wipe quality.
- Tug to ensure the wiper blade has been securely installed on the wiper arm.
- Check that rubber element is secure in the wiper frame.
- Look and remove debris from trees or road that is collected near the wiper cowl
Skip to content